Machine Tool Sales – Entry Level
We are looking for an ambitious, determined, entry-level Machine Tool Sales Professional to join our team! Our sales people are committed to helping the customer select the best metal working machines and equipment to most effectively manufacture their parts. Although industry experience would be a plus, we are primarily looking for someone who is eager to learn, and has an affinity for sales.
In our entry level Machine Tool Sales role, you will work hands-on with a Senior Sales Professional, internal resources and outside suppliers to learn the business and how to provide beneficial and cost-effective machine tool solutions to our customers.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the machine tool industry and how-why Productivity product lines are of benefit to our manufacturing customers. Attend sales meetings, vendor trainings & trade shows. Work with builder representatives. Make sales calls with Sr. Sales professionals.
- Interact with customers and engineers on pre-sale activities including customer visits & evaluation of opportunities.
- Demonstrate and familiarize accounts with new products and developments.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with customers, prospects, and suppliers.
- Prepare formal presentations to customers. Prepare quotes with terms of sales, delivery dates, etc.
- Keep the company informed on competitive products, promotional matter, sales techniques and pricing.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on activities, sales volume, expenses, etc.
- Prepare action plans for the effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Support the Sr. Sales Engineer as needed.
- Other misc. duties and responsibilities as required.
- Helpful but not mandatory; exposure to manufacturing, machine shop experience and/or a technical degree/certificate in machine technology. Sales, industrial sales or capital equipment background.
- Keen desire to learn.
- Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills. Ability to work independently.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions of customer requirements. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts.
- Professional communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient PC/computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Salaried position transitioning to commission. Limited out-of-town travel.
Why You Should Apply
Productivity Inc. values each employee. Many of our employees have been with the company for 10, 20 and even 30+ years! We hire people who demonstrate integrity, creativity and a great work ethic. Employees are given the freedom to do excellent work and are recognized for a job well done.
We offer a very competitive compensation/benefits package including:
- Excellent Health-Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Flex Plan/125 Medical Plan
- On-site fitness center
- Company-Paid & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Generous paid time off
Please send your resume to:
Attn: Human Resources,
15150 25th Ave North
Minneapolis, MN 55447